Many people never consider gymnastics when looking for a recreational activity for their children. Here are some reasons why you should.
- Gymnastics is the only sport that works total body strength, flexibility and aerobic development.
- Gymnastics enhances gross motor skills.
- Self-discipline is developed due to the very nature of the sport.
- Self-confidence is built through individualized goals and accomplishments.
- For any other sport, gymnastics is a way of developing strength and giving athletes that “added edge”.
More Benefits of Gymnastics
Study after study confirm that children involved in sports including gymnastics, are more likely to avoid drugs, score higher on achievement tests, stay in school, have greater self-esteem, and live a healthier lifestyle.
- Developing coordination
- Improving flexibility
- Building strength and power
- Injury prevention
- Solid foundation for fitness
- Cross training sport for martial arts, swimming, diving and dance
- Unparalleled balance
- Gymnasts tend to do very well in school.