For the most up to date information click on the “Parent Portal” then click on “Class Schedule”. Here you will find age requirements, pricing, the instructor, class times, days, and whether the class has a wait list or not.
Most classes are 40 minutes to 50 minutes long. We run classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 3:50, 4:50, & 5:50pm. Most students start out by attending 1 day per week.
What does a typical lesson look like? Each class begins with a Warm Up & Stretch. Afterwards students go to their 1st event. Each class the students will have a lesson on 3 different apparatus. (Floor, Bars, Beam, Trampoline, or Vault). We always end practice with a fun finish which can consist of games, jumping in the pit, climbing the rope etc.
Many people never consider gymnastics when looking for a recreational activity for their children. Here are some reasons why you should.
- Gymnastics is the only sport that works total body strength, flexibility and aerobic development.
- Gymnastics enhances gross motor skills.
- Self-discipline is developed due to the very nature of the sport.
- Self-confidence is built through individualized goals and accomplishments.
- For any other sport, gymnastics is a way of developing strength and giving athletes that “added edge”.
More Benefits of Gymnastics
Study after study confirm that children involved in sports including gymnastics, are more likely to avoid drugs, score higher on achievement tests, stay in school, have greater self-esteem, and live a healthier lifestyle.
Gymnastics is given credit for the following:
- Developing coordination
- Improving flexibility
- Building strength and power
- Injury prevention
- Solid foundation for fitness
- Cross training sport for martial arts, swimming, diving and dance
- Unparalleled balance
- Gymnasts tend to do very well in school.
Email email@example.com for more information.